Sunday 7 July 2013

Baby blanket

I have long been obsessed with finding beautiful baby blankets, not only because I make them, but also because I love a good blanket. There is nothing better than snuggling up on the sofa tucked under a blanket (although not in this weather!).

When LT was born he had several, a lovely lacy knit cream one (which I managed to shrink in the wash), a soft jersey printed one, a large muslin swaddle and two handmade quilts.

I know I will make this new baby a quilt and I bought her this beautiful blanket from Timrava .

baby blanket call after baasheep2, becouse she likes my summer sunrise blanket

I found the jersey blanket the most useful, it goes most places with us, either as a play mat or tucking into the pushchair when it gets a bit chilly.

I have been looking around and have found several that I like but they just haven't been right.

Love The Bright Company and their geometric print but the colours just weren't what I wanted.

Knapp Blanket

This lovely one from etsy store Salt City Emporium - check out their fab leggings!

Salt City Emporium baby blanket and beanie/hat set, modern organic, baby leggings, hipster kid, boy clothing, gender neutral

I finally settled on this one from Old Rectory - I love everything about it; the slightly sludgy colours (hello, yellow trim!); the chickens, well the print in general and when it arrived there was a surprise hood in one of the corners, bonus!
I bought it from the fab Burp Boutique making the most of the 50% off they have at the moment.

Blanket - Garden - BLK_GAR

Now she just needs to arrive so we can get snuggling!

No comments:

Post a Comment